Friday, November 14, 2014

The Light Is More

The Word became flesh as a word of terror
knocking hell from the Prince of Dark
bringing light to the crannies of doubt
where earthlings despaired at the thought of loss

Bleakness held our hopes in bondage
war upon war the prime vision for life
death after death seemed the glory died for
in the name of god or country or lot

Crying aloud for an unknown something
"Peace", a term, sometime slipped from our lips
we shivered in the cold of its mention
shook with the trembling earth underfoot

Then in the night-course of a quieted sky
when sleep engulfed the tensioned horde
he lept from heaven with arms worldwide
and clothed himself in a virginal womb

The word became flesh, pitching his tent amongst us
setting us on an unimagined course.
The journey continues but it is different:
hope's more firm than what's been lost

Though Dark be there the Light is more;
with outstretched arms the Light is Sure



*Under the Skies Above

My child is out there somewhere
under the skies above
waiting anxiously 4 u and me
2 bless it with our love
A part of me a part of u
and a part of this love we share
will protect my unborn child
who lives dormant out there somewhere
Sometimes in my dreams
I imagine what it would be like
How could I properly guide him
when even I don't know what's right
Whether he is born in wealth or poverty
there will be no deficiency in love
I welcome the gift of life
given from GOD under the skies above
-Tupak Shakur


*Life Through My Eyes

Life through my bloodshot eyes
would scare a square 2 death
poverty, murder, violence
and never a moment of rest
Fun and games R few
but treasured like gold 2 me
cuz I realize that I must return
2 my spot in poverty
But mock my words when I say
my heart will not exist
unless my destiny comes through
and puts an end 2 all of this
-Tupak Shakur

No comments:

Post a Comment