Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Reflections on a day meandering

My heart is a zillion whirlpools
spinning in a symphonic chaos.
I race 'tween doubt and doubt
to touch one second of assurance
enough to push me through the gate

The twisted road of hist'ry
where the sure and lame are halt
is the only trail to Home
where You stand at the door.
There I'm Yours, all Yours
A tattoo upon Your arm
written, "Mine, all Mine",
my name inked in red

No mad eyes rolling out of sight in their sockets
nor perfumed anger torching the toxined air
but a Doorjam-Daddy eyeing the distant street
awaiting my return from the stockade of The Found
where I fashioned a home of filth
midst the stick horses loose in the world

Tis there You stand, searching the distant scene
as bedraggled I walk, rememb'ring
those tattoos writ in red



*The Eternal Lament

From my mind 2 the depths of my soul
I yearn 2 achieve all of my goals
and all of my freetime will be spent
on the 1's I miss I will lament

I am not a perfectionist 
but still I seek perfection
I am not a great romantic
but yet I yearn 4 affection

Eternally my mind will produce
ways 2 put my talents 2 use
and when I'm gone I'm done no matter where I've been
I'll yearn 2 do it all again
-Tupak Shakur



*Contemplation does not arrive at reality after a process of deduction, but by an intuitive awakening in which our free and personal reality becomes fully alive to its own existential depths, which open out into the mystery of God.
-Thomas Merton


*For the contemplative there is no cogito ("I think") and no ergo ("therefore") but only SUM, I Am.
-Thomas Merton

No comments:

Post a Comment