Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I hold you, scarred one
as your press against my breast
a John against a Jesus
a needful youth of twelve
for warmth, embrace, certain
of unpainning love and care

Your bereft hands finger
those of mine and arms as well
affirming that flesh's soft
in a zoo of rhinos on the prowl

You slouch like a new champion
who's run the course of life
in want of some elusive prize
so long slipped from your grasp

But now, for one moment
however brief or short or long
your heart has banished panic
your face bright-full of calm
while comforting peace enfolds you
your frantic frame in search of home

You're held secure 



*In the Depths  of Solitude
                                        Dedicated 2 Me

I exist in the depths of solitude
pondering my true goal
Trying 2 find peace of mind
and still preserve my soul
CONSTANTLY yearning 2 be accepted
and from all receive respect
Never compromising but sometimes risky
and that is my only regret
A young heart with an old soul
how can there be peace
How can I be in the depths of solitude
when there R 2 inside of me
This duo within me causes the prefect opportunity
2 learn and live twice as fast
as those who accept simplicity
-Tupac Shakur


*Life Through My Eyes

Life through my blood shot eyes
would scare a square 2 death
poverty, murder, vilonce
and never a moment 2 rest
Fun and games R few
but traesured like gold 2 me
cuz I realize that I must return
2 my spot in poverty
But mock my words when I say
my heart will not exist
unless my destiny comes through
and puts an end 2 all of this
-Tupac Shakur

No comments:

Post a Comment