Thursday, November 13, 2014

Provocateur


I paused this morning to peer through the mirror
to gaze through eyes both green and grey
to plumb the visage upon the glass

I stared to see beyond beyond
to cross into heart and soul
to touch The Face upon face
my face, Christ's face facing

The image stands curious
on a morning after bath
as the world awakes to day
and I to the questions of Life

This icon I bear, is it Christ's?
Is he the one staring back at me?
If he's the one, then who're the others I see?
Is it his face I face in the mirror of their eyes
                                     the molding of their lips
                                     the coloring of their skin
                                     the silence of their cries
                                     the laughter of their heart?



*The Rose That Grew From Concrete

Did u hear about the rose that grew from a crack
in the concrete
Proving nature's laws wrong it learned 2 walk
without having feet
Funny it seems but by keeping its dreams
it learned 2 breathe fresh air
Long live the rose that grew from concrete
when no one else even cared!
-Tupac Shakur


*Sometimess I Cry

Sometimes when I'm alone
I cry because I'm on my own
The tears I cry R bitter and warm
They flow with life but take no form
I cry because my heart is torn
and I find it difficult 2 carry on
If I had an ear 2 confide in
I would cry among my treasured friends
But who do u know that stops that long
to help another carry on
The world moves fast and it would rather pass u by
than 2 stop and c what makes u cry
It's painful and sad and sometimes I cry
and no one cares about why.
-Tupac Shakur

No comments:

Post a Comment