Friday, August 29, 2014

The rickshaw man rushed through the streets
pulling the tree budding new leaves
blood-red as if on fire

He ran as if fixed on a goal

Was he Christ racing toward the Hill
bearing wood that wound form his cross?

It seemed that ev'ry jeepney that followed
was a nation longing to taste his blood



*...some things simply aren't going to get better.
-Sidney Poitier

*I want to feel good about what goes on around me.  I want to feel good about the way I'm thought of.  The way I think of myself.  Good about how my friends see me and how they feel with me and how they accept me.  I want to feel good about the things I do.  For myself and for my children, for my wife, my friends and my community.  I want to feel good in other ways too.  I want to feel pleasurably good.  Ideally, I would like life to be as close to an orgasm as it can get.
-Sidney Poitier  

No comments:

Post a Comment