Wednesday, August 27, 2014

noose

if i commit suicide Lord
will you hold me in the noose
let me swing in the breeze of comfort
drop me gently to the floor?

i awaited your visitation
but patience met my fiend
anxiety won the argument 
and dead is how i swing
may my face register peace
as i enter into your door

hug me in your light
dark has been my life
despair they'll say
midst thin anger and tears
but you alone know
the things i couldn't say
my words held back
against a dam of concrete stares

so now i swing loose
arms and legs falling free
entering into your paradise
on this noose which set me free
having let myself go  
falling into your arms a prayer



*Voice Lesson

out of a suitable
silence, a cave
perhaps, a mist
you come to
the awe
hiding in loneliness

out of infinite
attention to nothing
above
or beyond you
you
sound
-Jerry Schroeder, Cap.



*Some people don't want to know of the presence of personal demons: they pretend not to know even when they do know.  And there are others whose consciousness merely dances around the edges of their dark-side reality all their lives.  Those folk never step close enough to look even one demon in the eye.
-Sidney Poitier

No comments:

Post a Comment