Thursday, August 21, 2014

mothering gaze

ever trapped in the desert of my dreams
my wishes, my hopes frustrate your every move
my futile struggles with the Silent God
and the paltry gods i have come to know

even Jesus is a mere grumble in my gut
more a lucky charm than friend
i lean on him in times of disgust
through acts in which i weakly believe

i satanize myself
sporting dried up virtues
as if these were nourishing fruit
for the hungry ones who follow

i am burdened and heavy ladened
a strayed sheep naked without wool
a coin lost in the common latrine
swine condemned to the Galilee Sea

keep me somehow in the corner of your eye
your gaze holding me somewhere between blinks
and when you sleep may i appear in your dreams
a mosquito boring your flesh
your blood offering meat

your large eyes encompass me, staring at me
i understand the look upon your face
it's compassion for the broken spirit
a mothering gaze offering support


thus i stand again upon my failures
lift high my head and wipe my nose
you're here, your eyes speaking
a motherly gaze offering support

No comments:

Post a Comment