Thursday, December 11, 2014

We are half-persons with quartered  faces drugs
lacking balance in our lives;
leaning on the edge of collapse
we embrace Hopes' escape from despair

We cry with muffled tongues
a Word swallowed in each sound;
thirsting for the Wine of Peace
we imbibe Life's oblivion drugs

We long the Physician come to patch our broken parts
to hear our garbled response through desiccated throats

We languish on the banks of Eden
peering at the Tree across the Way
awaiting the cherubim to sheath the sword
and Christ to ferry us in



*To engage art is to use it, and it will do something to or for you, even if it does not cause you to go on a buying spree.
-Theodore L. Prescott


*One aspect of receiving and having faith is some fundamental reordering of the way one looks at the world.  Faith begins to de-fang that hungry, omnivorous creature within each of us, the one that so easily turns people and things into objects to satisfy our appetites.
-Theodore L. Prescott



*My Dearest One!!

There R no words to express
how much I truly care
So many times I fantasize of
feelings we can share
My heart has never known
the Joy u bring 2 me
As if GOD knew what I wanted
and made u a reality
I'd die 2 hold u or 2 kiss u
or merely to see your face
my stomach quivers my body shivers
and my heart increases pace
2 give me $ or lots of gold
would not be the same 2 me
I prayed and watched the distant stars
and finally u came 2 me!
-Tupac Shakur

No comments:

Post a Comment