Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Having the fire of some strong passion blazing in my head
the weight of some red anger hanging over me
my heart rocks back and forth
like a metronome mocking time

pacing the rage bathing in the heat.
My flesh rashed pink with an itch
that, bothersome, under-my-skin's embrace
bore through my veins as unnerving depression

Tis the potion of the forsaken
the elixir of the long-abandoned child in flight
the cocktail of the well-spoke Jesus out of sight.
Rapids of rejection long forgot

soak the soul as if drowning by baptism
a weighted spirit  desiring to be selected
yet sinking under sea like a rock without legs.
In this night-walk of feelings a thought enters in:

it's the dark-wood crossing where Dante meets Virgil
journeying to Beatrice on the Sun-side of Hell
to the Light-side of sadness crawling in his soul. 



*...R.H. Blyth once noted: "We are being sentimental when we give to a thing more tenderness than God gives to it."....Oscar Wilde hits closer to the mark: "a sentimentalist is one who desires to have the luxury of an emotion without paying for it."
-Gregory Wolfe


*When we are too tender about something we can easily become too violent in seeking to defend or preserve it.
-Gregory Wolfe


*...Christ's message was not to pretend the world isn't fallen but to take up our crosses and follow him through the suffering and sacrifice.
-Gregory Wolfe



*If There Be Pain...

If there be pain
    all u need to do
is call on me 2 be with u
And before u hang up the phone
u will no longer be alone
Together we can never fall
because our love will conquer all

If there be pain
    reach out 4 a helping hand
and I shall hold u wherever I am
Every breath I breathe will be into u
4 without u here my joy is through
my life was lived through falling rain
so call on me if there be pain
-Tupac Shakur 



No comments:

Post a Comment