Friday, December 5, 2014

i sit with You
but it's You 
Who sit with me
not only sitting
but preparing the space
arranging chairs
providing food
for our conversation in silence:
interiority swept clean 
calmed to tiredness
for spiritual rest
the emptiness packed
with peace and solitude 



*Our discovery of God is, in a way, God's discovery of us.
-Thomas Merton


*We become contemplatives when God discovers Himself in us.
-Thomas Merton


*In order to know and love God as He is, we must have God dwelling in us in a new way, not only in His creative power but in His mercy, not only in His greatness but in His littleness, by which He empties Himself and comes down to us to be empty in our emptiness, and so fill us in His fullness.
-Thomas Merton



*Nothing Can Come Between Us

let's not talk of money
let us forget the world
4 a moment let's just revel
in our eternal comradery
in my Heart I know
there will never be a day
that I don't remember
the times we shared
u were a friend
and being a friend 2 me
was not easy or fashionable
regardless of how popular
I become u remain
my unconditional friend
unconditional in its truest sense
did u think I would forget
did u 4 one moment dream
that I would ignore u
if so remember this from here 2 forever
nothing can come between us
-Tupac Shakur

No comments:

Post a Comment