Sunday, December 21, 2014

I have looked upon the Host

I have looked upon the Host
the Body of Christ:
have seen the works of Man
baked in it
have seen the folk of earth
pressed in It
have touched the joys of all
in the taste of It

I have looked into the Cup
the Blood of Christ:
have seen the dreams of Man
stir in It
have seen the pains of folk
squeezed in It
have savored the tears of all
in drinking It

I have looked upon the Christ
in His Eucharist:
have heard His freedom
while eating It
have yes'd His promises 
while drinking It
have said my thanks
while feeding It



*Tecum
With You

inside
a steady stream
of living light

we meet

in the presence
of nothing
more than
yes

we welcome
each other
unceasingly
-Jerry Schroeder, Cap.



*Carry

it does not
matter

so much
how well

you carry
a note a melody

but how
consciously

you
carry

this 
instrument

of 
presence

of
mystery


you
-Jerry Schroeder, Cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment