Monday, April 21, 2014

notes flow where once darkness had fallen
into the head of a wandering minstrel
singing song from a time of confusion
from a time when it was thought

that music could save the world..
but now it's known that guns enable destruction
and the missiles of nations hold automatic power
to lock down the miseries of miseries circling the insane

and those in power with nations to burn
bargain with fright with the enemies of the people
with the insane brokers of faltering power
and death squad leaders whispering the night



there is no money for my friends
and I would weep, if I could
but can't.  can only
think about the absence
the empty space 'tween words of nothing
and absence.

I wish I could cry for them and me
and all those who stare through filthy frills
and curtains hanging 'cross hungry windows
waiting for the sun or money
or something to feed them for a moment
with some thing to nourish their gut, their spirit
but no thing arrives.

yet they stare
wishing I could send them something like sunshine
but offer only a distant smile with words
saying "nothing".

No comments:

Post a Comment