Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I feel the isolation of God
barred behind head-trips
definitions and words
caught and left hanging
like some game
strung and gutted
dressed to be roasted
as if understood
deciphered like a code
interpreted by the few

God would be mad
sitting in solitaire
if God weren't so creative
imaginative enough
to dream of freedom
escape and union

God's inventive

God's Spirit slips through bars
with a smile-brightening life
no sun can block

Death doesn't frighten God

Having outlived every effort
God hangs on

God's resilient
and I wish I were

Perhaps I'd learn something
hanging by Gods' side

God spoke one Word
and our feelings are mixed
accepting It

I say
I know how God feels 
but who knows but God's Spirit
even when served in chocolate shells
with a creamy center



I needed this time to be "Me", simply Me, with my Self, by myself with the dust, the ants within this room, wrapped in the furniture, caught by the bed,  naked, with  tiredness as a companion and the phone able to listen to itself, without me as its slave, its lover, for once.  Even the sounds of the day don't matter.  They talk with themselves without my ears as receptors to their chatter, disturbance to my soul. I am simply here from light to dark, with my light and dark, from one night to the next to another day, perhaps.  The time is mine to waste, relish, enjoy, love, disturb, be.  Thank God - and me for being this wise: to recognize our need and relish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment