Monday, October 21, 2013

Night's unencumbered quietness
with rains echoing through the spouts
cloaks the awareness of a deepening rite
encircling flowers, trees and mouse

The renewing of flowered-fields
in the dark-time of the sun's rest
placing surprises beneath our window-sills
to be relished whene're we wake

What a wonder-play at nature's hand
games of cyclic Spring-time glee
movements when Time puts Day to bed
and Eros re-seeds the night



I see through what you see
yet beyond what your eyes conceive
I see history repeat
I see tales told beneath tears
I see despair on front page rags
I see faces caught in  unflattering pose
I see Americas hidden despicability
racism arising twisting you and me
Perhaps I'm blind and over-sensitive
perhaps I'm emotional and beat
 perhaps I 'm a perhapsible freak
submerged in illusory dreams
perhaps, perhaps...
but history is red with the excuse of justice
and my people are buried neath the excesses of excuses
I'm one lone voice anguishing at what I see
with death as the picture that describes it best
That's what I see



If death doesn't get you, something else will.


No comments:

Post a Comment