Monday, October 28, 2013

Awakening

I.

On a recessed and murky wall
 the slate shadow of a lone ballerina stood
  waiting to wed her anima and animus
  hid beneath her ruffled skirt.

Questions arose from the shadows  
during her wait:  
what occurred when I was young?  
When did I become someone?

Was I an item on a grocery list  
something rushed home to refrigerate
  a child my parents chose to flagellate?  
Is this how I fell out of love?

Am I this wall or it a part of me? 
I hold the masculine 
but my "me" maps other memories.

II.

Yearning to be touched by the masculine sprite  
in regions her psyche long suppressed 
she faced the truth beneath her dress.

Then dancing upon shattered stone and rock
  her wobbly feet choreographed her release 
 forming movements in swirls  of grey  
till the red morn rose on the eastern rise 
spilling light into her awakening world  
warming her body to the presence of Love.



the tears of charlie

his life unheeard, now shared
for ears perked open to hear his tales
his truth gathered in his breast years long:
these now tease words from his trusting lips
lips that had long awaited someone to enter the garden of his heart
roam there, lay on the lea, picnic beneath his bleeding tree.

charlie's tears leaked quietly down as joyous drops
assusred that he was heard through once buried words
and in the friend-padded embrace of the revelations of his heart
he was set free to be the story-teller of his past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment