Thursday, October 31, 2013

*It's embarrassing to hear someone say that he's praying, that he's been praying or is about to pray.  Do  you talk like that about love?  There's no hope for someone like that.  Of course, he might be a saint; language is deceptive.

How refreshing are those people who never pray, who don't have words for everything, who seem rather to repress prayers.  Their silence sometimes speaks for them.

To pray is to set out, to love, to write, to paint, and to die at each instant.
-Jean Sulivan




*In front of me

you can tell
she's been walking a long time

she has come to
the old way deep with always

she lumbers a little
from east to west

her home once China
her hair fired white

we meet
I pass her

Happy New Year
You, too

she is still
in front of me

-Jerry  Schroeder, cap.



*TOWARDS YOU

Images from a Wedding


to face you
to squeeze your hand
and move over you
a ring of fire

to see my Self in your eyes
and not turn away

to wait for your words
to draw me close
and set me free

to be always "toward you"
even when going away

I promise

with the help of one desire
you can never fulfill

I'll love the way
you'll lead me there
-Jerry Schroeder, Cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment