Wednesday, July 31, 2013

*Waiting for Warmth

the water is running
 as I stand before the mirror 
waiting for it to warm
 to wash, shave and comb my hair

waiting, too, for something else
a coldness in me to go 
in the light of a love  
that won't run out as I grow old  

in this winter a stillness stirs  
my eyes pool 
a spring clears my way  
washing me with tears
*Jerry Schroeder, Cap.




Seeing through the blood

In one word, tears flowed as blood 
spotting my face, my flesh, my outer garb 
as ev'ry inch of reputation built o'er years  
washed down the drain of history.

Truth will do this to you 
when the mirror's cleared of deflecting jell 
when scabbed sores drain clean of pus 
stored o'er the pain of covert sins.

Truth will be this as a word 
of sorrow for deeds in ignorance wrought 
or curiosity in search of light 
for in blindness humans fail  
are clowns in sad-face stumbling in the ring 
searching for some treasure hidden in the soul 
or resting 'neath layers of a burdened heart.

Truth's a word of freedom from the crucified
a dirge rising from the fallen blood 
a song for the sinner and the sinned 
beyond barren musings of a faulting mouth 
for it's seeing through the blood that counts  
that lays the path for a story's telling; 
there the Spirit soothes the rawness of the shattered soul  
reflecting rays of the exposing Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment