Wednesday, July 24, 2013

*...there is an innate feeling that the person is of primary importance, and that the anger born out of the heart of life is often the only way to break open the path of truth... It seems that a person's life is decided very often by a few decisions to say NO.
-from Eternity, My Beloved, Jean Sulivan



*To Listen

fold yourself
without crushing

into a quiet
place

set aside
all device

notice
without strain

yourself
disappear

into 
presence

-Jerry Schroeder, Cap.




An After-thought

I take a walk into the yard
to watch and see the lilies grow
then I down the boulevard stride
and pass a bum in tattered "silks".

The poor lad lays upon the walk
and cries his brother-lips to mine
yet, spied, I look upon his face
and chase him back before the gate.

When orphans sit upon the fence
to watch my hurried gait stride by
it's only speed that soothes my mind
of all the pain that they've transgressed.

I circle back and pass the slums
but steer clear of those smelly sighs;
the people here are only rats
the very thought can slay their pride.

I scoot fast past a beggar's plate
and jaundiced when he wheezed his cry
for I need weed the lily patch
before the cloak of darkness falls.

Now that day has pleased me well
and life has scarred my sanctum'd bliss
'tis time I stop and think awhile
and check my spirit's blamelessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment