Friday, July 5, 2013

Le gusta, purkling-blue?


I look at myself and ask questions
questions in the maelstrom of disfigurement
questions curling about
looking at someone unloved
some Word to hold
while passing through the storm

I weep
I cry
I moan in solitude
longing for truth
hovering about my heart

It is Truth 
or some somber alien
churning the wheels of discord
churning what might fall
sliding down the scale

What will guide me to the space
where the answers lay about
staring, sharing, pushing toward the school
the school of learning
where more questions lay about
and the blue-ridge squeezes out a message
that might possibly calm this night
possibly heal my sight
searching for purkling-blue?

What's racing through my heart?
What is the "want" awaiting the urging thirst
answering the baffling quest
"Le gusta, purkling-blue?"

I don't know
but reach about for the floundering truth
midst the rile and ruthless ever new
stewing and brewing and cooking up anew
what's ever there
to break through, break through
and serve the soothing stew

No comments:

Post a Comment