Friday, July 5, 2013

the loooog emotion


looking for ...what?

some still-lingering in the hindsight of ones years
hanging by the lobe of a snipped off prune
souring by the rivers where the fish dive to escape
as we strive and drive toward the boulevards hoping to find
...what?

we don't know but know it's never there
never where we wish it to be because...
it's inside of you, inside of me, inside the sly-wait of searching
for the ever-longing pull toward the heavenly gate
hidden within our psychic mind, our burdened heart
our leaded soul-aching, aching always, aching for YOU

there is something in the longing, the waiting, the lingering about for a change
for a new day to arise on the edge of a dream
here, there, in the future with a friend, of someone wanting-to-return to
to someone wanting to be found, of oneself to be more than...a some thing
...a someone to be found, to be uncovered and loved
to discover ones love...to love, by what I'm convincing myself of
of what is or is not in this broken world of broken minds and broken hearts
cause God looks like the brother-sister I don't want to know
who I pretend to avoid, my self in disguise
...until

oh my, oh why, oh hi
it's The Christ at rest in my heart

and I cry 

No comments:

Post a Comment