Thursday, December 31, 2015

The vengeance of the turba

The depths of Holy Saturday is being lived
in all the darkness and hell hidden below
as the lives of many priests are splayed
by the investigative pen of hungry reports.

It is not these servants of The Holy alone
who have sinned in the manner of the criminal flesh
but all in the nation of the safe and secure
of Puritans sure of salvation by promised decree.
For who dare imagine that after their plunge
some smoke of Satan would darken their soul?

When denizen-followers of the Papist State 
stand bare on TV revealing their flaws
it's simple to snip the balls of consecrated flesh
of celibates who know that they are enfleshed
then fart in their faces and puke on their names
now that we've seen their Jockey's dropped.

The vengeance of the turba has opened wide
and the venom of envy flows out onto the streets
pleading that the swords of justice be unsheathed
till the blood flows from the beds of their sons.



*Reflections of Alan Jones:

  -God's "appearance" in the world shows us how we are to "appear" to one another.  The pattern or paradigm of God's self-giving is found in John 15:15: "I call you servants no longer; a servant does not know what his master is about. I have called you friends because I have disclosed to you everything that I have heard from my father."

  -I can know myself only insofar as I am willing to disclose myself to others and to allow others to disclose themselves to me.

  -God is Trinity, and so am I.

  -I am invited to define myself in terms of my future instead of my past.  This is liberating because, as a believer, I trust that my future is in God.

  -This does not mean that my past is is irrelevant.  It means that my past is interpreted in terms of my future other than the other way round.

No comments:

Post a Comment