Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A wild chap was he
walking slowly through the wood
eyes grabbing each movement of leaves
the dance of trees, the swaying wind

He was a wild thing the land reclaimed
for ev'ry ant and twittering bird
entertained his curious glance

His was no rush past nothin'

No insignificance dodged his sight
for ev'ry piece of life be there
a presence like God in hiding
covered neath clods of green

Just an old man they thought
strolling through the park
an almost dead somebody
or nobody meaningful to watch

But there in his eyes shone wonder
and his heart beat life's excitement
walking slowly through the wood
watching expectantly for life



*Reflections of Alan Jones:

  -While I do not want to reduce Jesus Christ to a mere paradigm, he is at least that for me.  He is the means by which I interpret myself and my experience....Jesus is God's Word to me about myself.

  -In Christ, nothing has to be left out, or sanitized.

  -The two great characteristics of the desert believer are joy and gratitude.  These are the marks of the converted life.

No comments:

Post a Comment