Thursday, December 10, 2015

I'm old enough

I'm old enough to say Yes to sin
and not get stuck in the game of blame

I'm it
I'm the one

My sin shines before me and Thee
No cheap release from responsibility

My sin is mine
It's mine to repent

For the wicked are healed by love
if we but do it

if we but die and keep on dying
till what is seen is You



*Reflections of Alan Jones:

  -Yes, love has teeth!  It asks us one terrible and demanding question; "What are you going to do now?"

  -Being a lover, becoming a soul, means making choices.

  -We often mistake maturity for a dampened ardor or a dried-up enthusiasm.  True spiritual maturity is the serious honoring of the validity of our deepest longings. 

  -I am rescued time and time again from the vicious narrowness of my own projects and schemes precisely by the agency I both dread and long for.

  -Jesus calls me, but I don't like some of his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment