Wednesday, July 22, 2015

the burden of conflict

i'm sick and tired of conflict
conflict tears my soul
my head knots and pulsates
an ache shivers my bones

anxiety pressures my heart beat
and the beating feeds my fears
my vision grows distorted
and distortion twists my heart

nightmares disturbs my sleep
no sleep frazzles my nerves
my mood shifts to sour
depression has found a friend

antsy becomes my response
which begins to taunt my mouth
and before i know what's happened
i'm fighting, baring my fists

angry with myself
i'm angry with the other
and the fear of pounding another
drives me to harm the cat

i see that this is madness
the cat, the man, the fight
transference clouds the issue
the issue is myself

so i dump the plot of victimness
take my crap into my hands
bear the burden of my weakness
leave the conflict for the dead

the circle of life gets vicious
each one has problems enough
and one more conflict won't help us
conflicts can tear us apart

TALK!


*Our personalities and individualities, with our dysfunctions, make life interesting, frightening and humorous.  No wonder God loves us.

*When Sister Death arrives, we'll be ready.  She's the only way to go.

*All of our heroes have mud on their feet.    

No comments:

Post a Comment