Sunday, July 5, 2015

Don't know

O God what is it I want:
You or some other substitute
some creature needing faith
while blocking You from the frame?

I don't know at times.
I feel lost and abandoned
out on some prairie
with tornadoes whistling round 
to suck me into their mouths
bearing me where I would not go
with You not being around.

Where should I go to expect to arrive:
to a heaven annexed to hell?

I don't know.
I feel companioned
like a psycho talking to himself
or whatever self can be found.

Touch me as I cry.
Let me know You're around
that I might grab some hope
some pole with a flag of truce
white like people who've damned me
assigned me to non-personhood
those year when that was chic.

Turn toward me.
Kneel beside me at the bedside
there where angels weep
and the moon floats by before i sleep 
in hopelessness
awaiting another day.

Kneel near me and breathe for once.
I need You "to be"
even when I doubt
to break the neck of suicide
as I slide toward hell.

Kneel behind me now
and breathe down my back
like the Spirit who cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment