Wednesday, January 15, 2014

upon seeing you in a photograph

i your smallness, lost between the giants
your face conceals its joy
your lips block its smiles

i'm sad spotting myself in you
my journey plotted clear in yours
 which is and is yet to come

i hope a scenic trip for you
with flowers in your eyes
the sun, your companion brother
singing within your face

i hope a song will form
and escape through your cavernous lips
the tingle of freedom uncovered
and firing up your feet
your body wildly welcoming
the awe of an awakened child

i'll watch and wait by the river
expecting  you to cross



*Wherever we are, whoever we are, the responsibility for the integrity and beauty of our personalities cannot be shirked.  I must get up each morning, take life into my own hands, and put my distinct, unique, and unrepeatable stamp on it.  I must freely decided to create the mood of the day rather than let circumstances and conditions of the day rule my life.  With my spirit, the breath of God in me, I will transform the raw matter of my life and form the raw matter of my life and make it beautiful.  That is my human vocation and my moral duty.
-William McNamara, ocd

No comments:

Post a Comment