Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sucking every bone of You
every joint, all marrow
like a man hungry for food
empty-belly, starving
with pig feet in his mouth
and chicken feet in hand
am I for you, O Lord

The smell of You, the taste for You
gluts the glands of my soul
into saliva, sweet, dripping
languishing for a bit of You


Sin doesn't oppress me. I oppress myself by my sin.


Break me down, Lord, and all the barricades I set up between You and me.  I want to approach You, not with caution but with open throttle.  In me are road-blocks, detouring my route to You.  If  I but move them from the highway of my life, I'd drive straight to You.  What's outside me is not enough to stop me from driving past You.  The crosses, words, bells, sacraments, Church must be settled within me.



How many of us never give milk because no one pats our leather hide!

No comments:

Post a Comment