Monday, January 20, 2014

mystic

dare drink

then laugh aloud
higher and harder with each ingestion
each swallowing
and gracious off'ring of the Word

be communicant
sharing thoughts with the thoughtful
a guide to spirits with The Spirit
the Wholly-Thoughtful Jokester-Foolish

one would have thought thunder broke
as the iron fagots twisted and shattered
blessing the fracture of self-adherence
with tears gathering for the healing
the invitation to The Dance
engagement in The Party




*Waiting for Warmth

the water is running
 as I stand before the mirror
waiting for it to warm
to wash, shave and comb my hair

waiting, too, for something else
a coldness in me to go
in the light of a love
that won't run out as I grow old

in this winter a stillness stirs
my eyes pool 
a spring clears my way
washing me with tears 
-Jerry Schroeder, Cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment