Saturday, January 11, 2014

...that prayer i was to say
my kneeling before The Space
empty of words, feelings, thoughts
hollow of meaning and meaningfulness

i was to be at prayer
full of hope that The Ear would open
to my confession of sin
my sin, full-nest resting in my breast
birthing wrongs that  fly
both day and night

i was to pray
that The Transformer would cast a miracle
and change my eggs
into a fighting gift of aliveness toward Him
that i would move beyond locked-in-hereness
that some new sum of me might mature
that some one more Christian than my wobbly self
might emerge from the woods

and i am here present
kneeling before the Father
at the soft bed of my weakness
and the cold heart of my flesh
that plugged ears might open
 and the doors of me fling wide

i pray for conversion
like Paul in his desert
for hard scales to tear from my eyes
my devilish way of seeing
my futile way of viewing

i pray and plead
confess and implore
that some new me be born
and Easter rise again

No comments:

Post a Comment