Saturday, June 15, 2013

the rising wall

tears fall like concrete
heavy with the poison of yesterday's sins
smashing and crushing the hopes of fiends
defining my life and my expectant end

it's love they say sitting on the corner of their words
but my ears hear signals of warning
as my eyes drop their tears

there's a heavy sadness pulling the jaws of my face
not to mention my heart where life is graced

i wonder as the grey vultures sail across the the sky
whether the truth of life ever has a chance

to be itself free of the ironies of doubt
of the leanings of politics, of hatred, of cliques

ah to know and walk free into the enclosing dark
with steps that rise o'er the forbidding walls



*Your gifts are showing, use them to help others.
-Chinese fortune cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment