Monday, December 26, 2016

Provocateur

I paused this morning to peer through the mirror
to gaze through eyes both green and grey
to plumb the visage upon the glass

I stared to see beyond beyond
to cross into some heart and soul 
to touch The Face upon each face
my face, Christ's face, facing each face

The image stands curious
on a morning after bath
as the world awakens to day
and I to questions of  Life

This icon I bear, is it Christ?

Is he the one staring back at me?

If he's the one, then who are the others?

Is his face the mirror of their eyes
the molding of their lips
the coloring of their skin
the silence of their cries
the laughter of their hearts?



*Every person wants to be loved by someone, in someway, for nothing...and God is the only One who can, who will and does love us, absolutely, in this way.  We persons must strive to imitate God  in our loving. 




*Reflections of Alan Jones:

  -...we are all actors playing parts (by turns, tragic and comic) in a drama of infinite variety.  We cannot avoid playing a role.  Sometimes we are the audience; sometimes the victim; sometimes the righteous judge or the wronged lover.  The roles change, although some of us prefer certain roles in life that we play little else: the martyred mother, the angry father, the rebellious child.

  -If we play a role long enough we can become it, and so we find it hard at the end of our performance to take off the costume, remove the make-up, and allow ourselves the right (as scary as it is sometimes) to stand naked, for even a few moments.

  -...while the drama of life appeared a hit-and-miss affair, I had the power to make the best of it.

  -"There are no small rolls, only small actors," and I would not have believed it had I known it.

No comments:

Post a Comment