Tuesday, December 20, 2016

porter

guest welcoming-guardian  of my spirit
host to visitors and banisher of doom
the entrance to my cave needs vigilant watching

for more than bats in my belfry buzz
and wolves prowl at the inner door
to snatch the lambs pasturing 'bout my core

you know the sound of my cry

you speak your words in dream-land tongues
bearing truth as a messenger to me

shepherd clothed as an open door
you guard against danger lurking ahead
you are assurance seven-fold



*Self-definition is the highest form of integrity.
-Lethe Bashar

*Better to be casts out of the church than to deny Christ.
-Anne Hutchinson

*"...when do men fall on their brothers with mighty weapons and bloody acts? They do such if they do not know that their brother is themselves."



*Reflections of Alan Jones:

-..."the truth that matters to people is not factual truth but moral truth; not a narrative that tells what happened but a narrative that explains why it happened and who is responsible."

-Choosing the prism through which we see the world is a matter of faith.

-...film director Ermanno Olmi, during the presentation of a letter by Pope John Paul II to artists at the Vatican in April, 1999, said in an interview printed in Italy Daily, "The night before the start of NATO they were showing Roberto Begnini's Life is Beautiful in Belgrade, and everyone was going there to be moved by this representation of the sacredness of life.  So I ask myself how much art really counts for in people's lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment