Monday, November 21, 2016

night's hungering

a mouth reeking of venom
and lips flashing red
my hands reach for love
smeared with the sap of a fir.
one might believe it's Christmas
as colors blink 'bout my face
but it's the light of the damned
flickerings of those who feel lost.

i stand before an icon
Christ's eye's black with judgment.
they're rods rolled in fire
cauterizing the wound of my soul.

joy's flown, lighted upon a height.

rough climb, the rocky precipice
more than my skills allow
need assistance as companion
to scale the sharp outcropping rocks.

need joy, need peace
as sadness rots my gut
as anger smokes my bones.

my night's hungering for daylight
my dark groans for the sun.





*The heart has reasons that reason knows nothing of.
-Paschal

*The dangers of life are many, and safety is one of those dangers.
-Goethe



*Reflections of Alan Jones:

  -If we begin with sloppy or inaccurate information, we will soon find ourselves caught in a web of deception.

  -Concern for truth cannot be taken for granted.

  -We know that what is accurately true and what is accepted as true are not always the same.

  -The problem with the culture of victimization is that it obscures the real victims.  That is one of the reasons why it is important to go on searching for the truth even though it is often messy and difficult.

  -Because we cannot know everything does not mean that we cannot know something.

No comments:

Post a Comment