Thursday, November 3, 2016

My days speed quicker than light
set'ling the queries of doubt
closing in for the snatch
hurling me through life

So pull me, black-hole
upward beyond the sky
beyond its flickering gas
into the stars of the milky way

Falling up toward the stars
and down some spout from earth
I fly beyond sister death
in a motion towards abundant Life

I float with a propelled spirit
toward the stratospheric lands
that trust me toward God
toward the Presence awaiting all




*Reflections of Frederick Buechner:

  -You do not come first to understand a person fully and then to love him(her), but love comes first , and then it is out of the love that understanding is born.

  -Faith is the word that describes the direction out feet start moving when we find that we are loved.  Faith is stepping out into the unknown with nothing to guide us but a hand just beyond our grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment