Tuesday, June 28, 2016

I bounce between sacred and profane
ping-ponging 'tween up and down
in and out of mud and grace
bathed in light with a dirty face

The "all or nothing" seems in vain
dancing upon a shifting ground
My baptismal gown of whited lace
acquired quickly a sinner's stain

The pull in me is toward the sane
To fly toward heaven seems quite sound
but dodos rise to make a case
wondering why I'm in this haste

My soul expresses inner pain
planting flowers among the thistle-down
then pound them with my devil's mace
standing before God in utter disgrace

I long to be much more humane
and for gross sin to replace a crown
but seems to me that in this place
my altering moves are common-place

A man can drive himself insane
playing messiah on life's merry-go-round
The Messiah's blood I need embrace
cleansing my heart of pollution's waste


*Humanity was before humans were.

*We all pass our titles on to someone else.

*There's always someone smarter than you in someway.




*Reflections of Jean Sulivan:

  -Because of compromise Christianity doesn't appear in its truth - a truth that is often unacceptable.  It is revealed only in tension and debate, provided that it's not looking for power and prestige.

  -The true universality of the Church consists in its ability to root itself in particular situations and to rise above them, arousing the effective love which shows itself without distinction among a certain number of men and women whose inner voice is in harmony with the Word and who appear as witnesses.

  -The true, universal Church is not the one that affirms its will to be so, but the one that, without being too interested in itself, communicates the faith in love to everyone.

  -The Church exists everywhere there are communities that give testimony of universal love.

No comments:

Post a Comment