Monday, June 13, 2016

Home, behind bars

Can't make the break
though the key's in the cage

Just can't, just can't
Tis home

Need the cage to be free
free from my hardened face

Tis lonely out there
scary 
being a hero on the street

I wanna get back
as quick as I can
be with the bros in the hole
and the man who is my ho'
in the security of my home
in the environs I know

The jailers lock me in
keeping me from the drivelling-free
feeding me three squares of meals
for being so bad, so bad

Call me crazy if you will
but I'll annihilate your ass
if you mess up my gig
my freedom from the streets




*Reflections of Jean Sulivan:

  -...someone who has truly been wounded by the Gospel, and has personally verified that the  Church preaches the Word and makes the death and resurrection of Jesus present through the paradox of agony and contempt, can never find a pretext to desert.  The one who leaves the Church proves he has never entered.  Or rather, he drags the Church along with him.  

  -History lies.  It retains only appearances and glorifies what is strong even when it is oppressive.  And it neglects what is weak.  It is the order of power.  When history sees the Church surrender territory, often more because of the pressure of circumstances than because of greeter spiritual profundity, it speaks of decadence and decline.

  -Faith makes us see everything differently.

  -Where did we get the idea that faith existed in order to prop up the social order of this world? 

No comments:

Post a Comment