Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Hypertension

Sneaky bastard
with your death-scythe
sweeping closer, closer
to my feet
no, my heart

I'm not ready to drop
nor die
to call you Sistah
in the manner of Francis
but like Paul
insist I've tasks to perform

Life suppressor
calm down
relocate
I'm round for the battle
to bring you under
slice your numbers
thwart your pressures

I'm uncorked
will bounce beyond your best
unwind
and fly on the wings of life

I'll whip your ass
but why have I squelched my-self
gagged the voice of my heart
that it screams this illness?



*Behind every story is a story.

*We human beings are so intent on proving ourselves to be gods and goddesses that we end up proving ourselves to be devils.

*...living in the illusion of our professional importance.  




*Reflections of Jean Sulivan:

  -I mustn't have had much imagination.  For a long time I believed that the Church could only exist the way secular societies did.  After all, wasn't the essential thing to be able physically to pass on the Word and the Eucharist?  It didn't matter if the visible Church was a party to inhumanity. It was a question of incarnation.  It was up to some of its children, who had been nourished by the Church, to live Christianity dangerously.  But they'd better not expect the Church to run to their aid!  It's more apt to reject them - except for beatifying them after death has made them inoffensive and useful.  The harsh law of necessity prevailed in all this, as when superpowers disown their own spies.  For what society would endure if it glorified the faithless steward, the prodigal son, the worker of the eleventh hour, and didn't wage war against its enemies?  We'll believe almost anything in order to justify harmony and serenity!

  -...faith and humor go well together.

  -The Gospel in its pure state was too great a danger.

  -The Church, I now believe, is invited to live a paradox - to break with the order of the world, to stop wanting to be a society complete in itself within the civil society - in other words, a competitor, yielding or resisting depending on circumstances.  It's impossible for the Church to make its message real unless its mode of presence is itself a sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment