Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Don't know

God what is it I want:
You or some substitute;
some creature that needs faith
while blocking You from the frame?

I don't know at times.

I feel lost and abandoned:
out on the prairie
while tornadoes bear down
to suck me into their mouths
taking me where I would not go
You not being around.

Where should I go to expect to arrive:
to a heaven annexed to hell?
I don't know.

I feel companioned
like a psycho talking to himself
to whatever self can be found.
Touch me as I cry for help.

Let me know You're somewhere 'round
that I might grab some hope
some pole with a flag of truce
white like people who've damned me
assigned me to non-personhood
those years when that was chic.

Turn toward me.
Kneel beside me at bedside
where the angels weep
and the moon floats away
before I fall asleep in hopelessness
anticipating another day.
Kneel near me 
and breathe for once.

I need You "to be"
even when I doubt
to break the neck of my suicide
as I slide  toward hell.

Kneel behind me now
and breathe down my back
like a Spirit who cares.




*Reflections of Jean Sulivan:

  -The truth is that we no longer have the sense that the individual has a personal reality.  You're mortal Filed, spied on, manipulated, the individual is just raw material caught up in a program aimed at the future, based on polls and statistics. He is crammed with false hopes before being painlessly eliminated at dawn, unless he's prettied up in a funeral parlor, the better to deceive others.

  -Besides, people today are often dead before their time, as soon as they leave active life.  Aid programs for the retired, the third world of the elderly - dramatize their abandonment by a society whose purpose is simply growth and pleasure.  The unemployed, too, relegated to non-existence, have a foretaste of humiliation and death.

  -Societies organized in terms of scientific rationality are noting but bookkeeping enterprises.  That's why they fall under  the law of the explainable, of platitudes and boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment