Tuesday, November 10, 2015

elegy for a dead ken

rush to my funeral
you would-be brothers
come, marching in
bouquets in hand

lay them at the foot of my coffin
peer into the box
protecting my remains

speak your words of praise
while thinking thoughts of shame

i'll listen

won't budge an inch

fear not
jesus won't awaken me
hand me to you with tears

years to come
when you're free as me
buried with the dead
our names etched and forgotten
we'll meet to fuss, to cuss
begin to mix again
learning to love each other, for once 
for once, for once, again




*I am not what happened to me; I am what I choose to become.
   -Carl Jung


*Reflections of Alan Jones:

  -If the world is to change, then first I have to change.

  -I come to faith in a God who is paradoxically revealed in the very struggle to name him.

  -The simple truth is that reality reveals its self to us in proportion to the level of our willingness to ask questions.

  -In a world where there is no room for doubt, ambiguity, or questioning, there is no room for genuine faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment