Monday, November 16, 2015

a person in five phrases

i.

held in the vise of despair without visions of hope
nails sharpened into swords while the stomach sours
bellowing a volcano of spite: i walk about normally
with the abnormality of insanity crying for dead dolls
washing their dirty faces to see mine in a clearer light.
but can Pepto-Bismo coat the sorrows that already cause me to blush
that flush wholeness into the life i bear
to muster whatever laughter i can bundle like a hyena after a kill?

ii.

i reach through the fog that sits at the center of my mind
and touch whatever of limbs limp toward the earth
stretching to touch a caring one somewhere in this universe
a prisoner shackled and manacled upon the the torture floor
awaiting the CIA to enter and smash the dead soul of me
into some meaningful life so that questions arise.
they see not blood nor hear the streams of screams.
they bruise not humans with a name
but immune, beat those with answers that kill some self 
more notable than i, some other more barbaric than they, they say.

iii.

the one-color world bothers me.
i look into the eyes of grey and see darkness.
all about are smiling faces with glued expressions
and i am frightened by the sincerity they bear.
the tenor of their conversations is noise
unhealthy at the end of all.

iv.

a humming in the atmosphere reminds me of a lost butterfly.
somewhere between a need for freedom and healing
the spiritual and the mental fall apart.
it needs to return to the flow of life
unable to maintain positions o'er the mystical sea.
attacked like children chasing a fleeing ball
it's a slab of flesh destined for abuse
to be chewed upon, then vomited into a trough.
it's how i feel, atrophied: gnawed and discarded.
what is this death in me? regurgitation?
an attempt to reclaim a life before the surgeon arrives
to apply the knife?

v.

i'd like to fill the world with water and light
with clapping and exuberant laughs
but my limbs fall limp and my spirit faints
feeling lost among the lonely, fumbling
in search of meaningful land. 



*I am not what happens to me; I am what I choose to become.
  -Carl Jung

No comments:

Post a Comment