Friday, April 10, 2015

beyond eyes

beyond eyes
'tween iris and pupil
beyond the vitr'ous
down the anchored ret'na
questions gaze back
piercing the observant eye:
do you love me?
am i someone?
do i matter?
will you hold me?
can i trust you?
will you hurt me?
will you mirror
the good i see
the God i need
the hope that enriches?
can you love me for me
and not for gain?
are your eyes damaged
that they might damage me?

Look into your eyes.
Tell me what they be.



*The Price of Admission


know 
there is no price

break
the ban

against
silence

let
words go

beyond
themselves

await
the unnameable

weigh
the wind
-Jerry Schroeder, Cap.


*Horsefeathers


blue
they drop

few
they are

at  once
neither

of
either

yet
they one

they 
wonder

they
wander

for 
child

to hold
awhile
-Jerry Schroeder, Cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment