Wednesday, March 18, 2015

There's a fire blazing

There's a fire blazing in my mind's dungeon
in my dark's deep damp space
down where leeches suck life from the heart
from the soul of seekers probing for life
for a baby born pure again
where God is Lord and not an after-thought

I am there now having peered past Truth
where sought after lies leave me empty
I want more but find myself damp
damp and muddy in this dirt bin

I cry out but hear only myself in responsive squeaks
my ears plugged with filth from my searching
my eyes closed to Light brighter than I

I am like a lost cause before a judge without a lawyer
pleading for deliverance from the prison settled in

I want to cry and cry and cry
weep until the flood sweeps my grime away to a flushable sea
to the toilet of Hades, scrubbed to new life
with a smile entering my heart
covering my face
and I be new, new, new, new, new, renewed

Oh, I don't like self-death
suicide of the spirit
but Life in capitals, I wish
Life-Life with each and ev'ry breath
Life as is
(and this might be IS but I'm not living it
loving it, sharing it as if it is You
with all of me for You)

Help me, I plead
flush away the darkness from my eyes
cleanse anew me as David begged for snow
to blanket the avalanche of his sin



*Thoughts of Richard Rodriguez

-What bothers me about the rhetoric of victimization is that it implies that we can belong to only one side of history, whereas the moment you participate in history, you participate in impurities.

-The notion that somehow I can claim victimization implies too easily that the lines connecting to the past are innocent lines

No comments:

Post a Comment