Monday, March 30, 2015

Questions and answers

Are my words perpetual holes
falling down a miasmic field of dust
or are they rising from the same
burning fissures in the fabric of trust?

What's the truth within:
a shelly face armoring what's real
encasing motives unclear to myself
forcing out some good that I feel?

Do You embrace the carapace
crack it or warm it to growth?
Am I wedded to failure
taking a vow that shatters both?

I am a ragged beam of Your cross
splintered wood that longs to be glued.
I am scattered shard stumbled upon
a nomad pursued.

You are carpenter/potter
using me as fodder for the clay
pounding rounding, kneading, soothing
massaging, forming, coloring my gray



*Thoughts of Richard Rodriguez

   -...what 9/11 should teach us is that religion is a human motive as strong as sex or eating or sleep, and the secular world that has pretended we can simply ignore it is foolish.

   -The notion of a dark God is one that we have to take seriously as the fierceness and hostility of religion becomes obvious.  It seems to me that this is an exciting time to be religiously inclined and also a time when one should be very embarrassed by one's religious faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment