Monday, September 8, 2014

tensioned silence

silence
at once arrogant and shrill
speaks truth about relationships
louder than words could say
as they stand at the threshold of looking
staring blank past their eyes pleading
their lips sealed 'gainst the knowledge
that would free the caged Bird

silence
like God is silent
yet slaying
like God can slay
by speaking
holds them tensioned
attending to each other's absence
and presence
brushing each other
like whispered hope
a fermenting dream
believing that one day
someday
forgiveness will blossom
embrace and kiss
and wonder why
it took so long
to speak




*The Storyteller

from beginning

to end

I become

the story

I tell myself

to be

myself

others
want to tell my story

too

but

when I listen well

to myself

with a friend

I am

the story

meant to be

told

only once

without

end
*Jerry Schroeder, Cap.




*One reason people are so creative in relation to disease is because it is there that they face elementary forces that both constitute and decompose them.
-Lawrence E. Sullivan

*...medicine is always miraculous. It makes visible, for all to see, the powers that otherwise remain invisible outside of the critical context of sickness and suffering.
-Lawrence e. Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment