Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I lay nude upon my bed
list'ning to the raindrops fall
and thunder roil in the void 
not outside but herein

My head pulsates.  I am bodily tired
as the soothing rain taps my tears

The distant thunder roars out a call
drawing ears to its voice between the lulls

A train chugging through the falling drops
lays them aside with material ease

The window creaks nudged by a nosy breeze
A trickling stream strokes the window's pain
or is it mine as a cardinal lures its mate
and a filtered gray softens the sleeping-room

I stretch down a road toward a receding sky
my inner walls illumined by uncontrolled Light 



*Cure would be the elimination of the disease or of the state of illness in a community, where healing would focus on the individual who is suffering from sickness and bring him or her back to a state of health.
-Lawrence E. Sullivan


*The symptoms of illness become symbols of the state of our being.
-Lawrence E. Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment