Monday, September 15, 2014

rain fell, a sooth-sayer
after the twister ripped through my gut

she stepped gently into my flesh
entering me as a healing force
for she arrived as grace
pitter-pattering from the moonless sky
and like nature marking her territorial space
claimed me as her resting place

i drank her like a vintner's sample
savoring the nectar of her vine
getting drunk on the bouquet of her flavors
mating upon my welcoming lips

ah! blessed nanny of nature
nursing me at her liquid breasts
blessed having drunk her soothing milk
flowing free like hot-honey from bees

she hummed a song in the night's abandoned light
rocking me dear 'neath her mothering breasts
cuddling me into refreshing sleep
safe from the madness of inner strife

i've been given peace and bliss
a taste of Love's rich Eucharist



*The healing of ourselves is the healing of the whole nation.
-Thinh Nath Hanh


*War is in our souls.
-Thinh Nath Hanh


*When  we learn from our own suffering, then all the flowers will be smiling at us.
-Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments:

Post a Comment