Sunday, March 30, 2014

...his relatives came to take him away since people were saying, "He is out of his mind."    
-Mk. 3:21

maybe

they're right

Christ is damn mad

or
the earth's
damn mad

or
something's
damn mad

'cause I'm damn mad

mad at the dam-ness
that's damnable
around me

that's damnable
around us

including
our own dammed selves

cursing each other
with ev'ry damn
that dams
our mad hearts
with those 
damnable dams  




"I'll come to keep you warm." 
- words of a long-standing friend

Fruited-faithfulness

He offered to warm me
and I would take it

I would take him this cold night
as the snows rise upon the fields
to blanket and hold the heat

Yes, I'd take him for warmth
midst the chilly-breathing atmosphere

I'd take his warmth any day
a love-gift he offers me

For something deeper than flesh is touched
something years alone witness to

Here, being is being with
is being without words
or intercourse
but fruited-faithfulness



Through baptism and loving, God has His hooks in us through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.  It is difficult to shake God loose from us.  We can neglect and forget about God's presence within us, even abandon God but God tenaciously clings to us, refusing to release us to evil.  God will always be present for us and with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment