Wednesday, March 19, 2014

what happened to me that i died at ten:
too many falls? too many beatings?
too much blood purpling my skin?

hounded by memories ans suppressed rebellions
these pull me down with angers and doubts

i flounder searching for answers to dark queries
carrying me into the cesspools of distrust
into deep gullies of hovering despair

who cursed me with so much pain?
have my eyes failed, darkened by cataracts
blocking any light or hope of redemption?

i stand in the dark night of my soul
searching about for light to clear a path
an entry to a way i need to go

none appears and i knock about on the walls of my failures
stumbe into the debris of my iconic mistakes
claw at the curtains shut in my escape

when will the day of awakening arrive
when the moment of eureka?
i know not but inch along like the blind without a cane

hoping to sense the pitfalls before they suck me in
hoping a voice informs me that the road is straight
that there's a door ahead somewhere

with a crack at its base, where the light sneaks in
and the base boards are loose
and air slithers in to feed a nose

who feels what i feel?
who knows the road i've been on?
is all life bad or an ugly dream

stuffed into attics where musty air clings?

answer me


No comments:

Post a Comment