Tuesday, February 11, 2014

i'm in a hole beneath this earth
my sissified stance following me
ev'ry bit of failure i find
within my sissy-self

Christ shoves me toward the hill
where i haven't the guts to spill
to walk mightily in his footsteps
boldly through his blood

where i enter the earth to bury my struggles
i trip o'er Christ's nails and pleas

take me far away from the Three Days of darkness
take me far from the Three Blind Nights
i hate to walk with the cross askew
i wish springs would pour o'er my feet

bearing within my bosom as in a sack
i stumble along the road to life
with fragments of evil
a lust for blood
a taste for liberation
the fruits of the Curse

but what do i want?
is it here in the baggage of time;
the dream of my fathers' enslaver:
to be a master, to direct a life;
to trust a God nearer than a breath?

i sweat as if i weren't a broken vessel
leaking and seeping at the seams
earthworms nibbling at my feet
death enclosing the hole

with Death i descend into the pit
Life gathering me into its folds 

No comments:

Post a Comment