Thursday, November 14, 2013

giv'away

i can't give you ev'ry piece*

i need some reminder
some visual recollector
calling me Home

i am child of tangibles
the touchy-feely movement of life

it anchors the "not-enough"
it's ev'rything though not All

i need turn to Silence
 to Nothing hanging in the air
in doors beyond the sensate
to That to which all points 
i need 

i need - blindness
to pass ev'ry need and gadget
  ev'ry madness of addictions
ev'ry self-binding prison
barring me from Life
to gain myself again
and give myself away
to lay stretched before the Light
 in which the world proceeds:
there in that Void 
is where i need to flow

no, i can't give you ev'ry piece
i might then lose my soul 

*religious art




*Leper

i do not
touch  

nor am I
touched

by all that 
is

beyond my
grasp

*Jerry Schroeder, Cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment